Diary of a Wimpy Kid_Page 36



원문 : Well, now I've gone and done it.

Last night, after everyone was in bed, I snuck downstairs to listen to Rodrick's CD on the stereo in the family room.

I put Rodrick's new headphones on and cranked up the volume REALLY high. Then I hit "play."

First, let me just say I can definitely understand why they put that "Parental Warning" sticker on the CD.

But I only got to hear about thirty seconds of the first song before I got interrupted.


해석 : 자, 이제 나는 제대로 사고를 쳐버렸다.

어젯밤, 다들 잠든 후에, 나는 거실 스테레오로 Rodrick의 CD를 들으려고 몰래 아래층으로 내려갔다.

나는 Rodrick의 새 헤드폰을 쓰고 볼륨을 진짜 엄청 크게 올렸다. 그리고 "재생" 버튼을 눌렀다.

먼저, 왜 그 CD에 "부모 경고" 스티커를 붙였는지 확실히 이해가 간다는 것만 말해두겠다.

하지만 나는 첫 곡의 30초 정도밖에 못 들었고 그 후에 방해를 받았다.


핵심 문법 & 표현

  • sneak downstairs: 몰래 아래층으로 내려가다
  • put A on: A를 착용하다, 쓰다
  • crank up ~: (볼륨 등을) 확 높이다, 크게 올리다
  • hit "play": "재생" 버튼을 누르다
  • get interrupted: 방해받다, 중단당하다

댓글