Diary of a Wimpy Kid_Page 32
원문 : That really bugged Rodrick, so he drove off to the store and came back fifteen minutes later with some headphones. And that pretty much took care of the problem.
Yesterday Rodrick got a new heavy metal CD, and it had one of those "Parental Warning" stickers on it.
I have never gotten to listen to one of those Parental Warning CDs, because Mom and Dad never let me buy them at the mall. So I realized the only way I was gonna get a chance to listen to Rodrick's CD was if I snuck it out of the house.
This morning, after Rodrick left, I called up Rowley and told him to bring his CD player to School.
해석 : 그게 Rodrick을 정말 짜증나게 해서, 형은 차를 몰고 가게로 나갔다가 15분 후에 헤드폰을 사서 돌아왔다. 그리고 그게 그 문제를 거의 해결해줬다.
어제 Rodrick은 새 헤비메탈 CD를 샀는데, 거기에 그 "부모 경고(Parental Warning)" 스티커 같은 게 붙어 있었다.
나는 그런 "부모 경고" CD를 한 번도 들어본 적이 없는데, 왜냐하면 엄마 아빠가 쇼핑몰에서 그런 걸 절대 못 사게 하시기 때문이다. 그래서 나는 Rodrick의 CD를 들을 기회를 얻을 수 있는 유일한 방법이 그걸 몰래 집에서 빼돌리는 것뿐이라는 걸 깨달았다.
오늘 아침, Rodrick이 나간 후에, 나는 Rowley한테 전화해서 CD 플레이어를 학교에 가져오라고 말했다.
핵심 문법 & 표현
- drive off to ~: "차를 몰고 ~로 떠나가다"
- "Parental Warning" sticker: "부모 경고" 스티커. 실제로 미국에서 폭력적/선정적 가사가 담긴 음반에 붙이는 "Parental Advisory" 라벨을 가리킴.
- the only way ~ was if ~: "~할 수 있는 유일한 방법은 ~하는 것이었다"라는 뜻. if절이 명사절처럼 쓰여 방법의 내용을 설명 (구어체적 구조)
- get a chance to + 동사원형: "~할 기회를 얻다"
- sneak A out of B: "A를 B에서 몰래 빼내다"
- call up A: "A에게 전화를 걸다"



댓글
댓글 쓰기